Monday, February 3, 2014

Monday Musings: Clothes That Fit

Is it just me, or does everybody yearn for the days when people had a simple wardrobe of clothes that fit. These days it's all about quantity, but what's the use of a closet filled with bad quality, ill-fitting clothes? I'm feeling a shift in my consciousness about my closet and suddenly I feel the urge to get rid of so much. You know it's bad when you have no dirty clothes but you still can't find anything to wear! It doesn't help that I've recently become addicted to Gossip Girl. Those upper east siders really know how to dress themselves.
I'm not just talking about fitted clothes though. Even those baggy clothes should fit properly, you know what I mean? If it's supposed to sit 2 inches off the shoulder, it should sit 2 inches off the shoulder, not 5, not 1.
I'm pledging to rid myself of the excess and focus on the good quality, natural-fibre gems that I truly love to wear. And with all those cotton t-shirts and tank tops that are all stretched out that I never wear, I'm going to make some trapillo yarn. Pinterest has me hooked on trapillo yarn. 
 http://carryonluci.blogspot.com.es/2012/10/diy-cesto-de-trapillo-ii.html
To restock where I have a deficit, I plan to visit consignment shops, thrift stores and vintage boutiques. If we're being honest here, I just can't afford to buy high-quality clothes brand new, but these option make it possible to upgrade your wardrobe in a mature and responsible way without breaking the bank.

Here's to a more refined and elegant wardrobe!
XO_BITS


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...