Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday Musings: Breakfast Club

We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It's also on my list of new years resolutions, to eat breakfast more. For some reason that little task is pretty hard. I wake up and drink coffee and get straight to my day. I've been trying more and more, but the truth is that I really can't eat breakfast right when I wake up, I have to wait usually an hour or more until the thought of eating doesn't make me sick. Does anybody else feel that way? Eating at midnight, I'm your girl! First thing in the morning? Not so much.
Regardless, I've still been trying to eat breakfast, even if it is an hour after I wake up. It's just too good to pass up. First, it's obviously the most delicious meal of the day. Eggs and bacon, toast, hashbrowns, french toast, crepes, basically all the best foods are considered "breakfast foods". Second, it helps maintain your eating habits. When you eat breakfast you are less likely to overeat at lunch or dinner and multiple studies around the world have shown that people who eat breakfast are much less likely to be obese. It also helps you to concentrate and makes you feel more energized. According to the Huffington Post, it even helps you to remember better! What's not to love!

While not all breakfasts are the most healthy, it is proven that any breakfast is better than none! Along with that, breakfast really gives you the best chance to eat whatever you want, as you literally have all day to work it off, unlike dinner where you only have a few short hours before bed.
That time I ate breakfast in the forest
I'm excited to share some of my favorite breakfast recipes in the next couple weeks- things that work really well for me and that I'm actually able to stomach early in the morning. If you have any amazing breakfast ideas I'd love to hear them too! I'm always up for something new. I've even been considering overnight oats lately- you prepare it before bed and when you wake up you have delicious, flavour-infused bowl of oats ready to eat... sounds kinda weird to me, but yet I still feel like it would be delicious. Anybody tried that? have any tips?

Thanks for reading! Happy Monday and happy breakfasting!
XO_BITS

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...