Thursday, December 19, 2013

Musical Christmas Cards

I've never given out Christmas cards so I'm really excited to do so this year. I've had this card set for a long time, waiting to use them for something and I figure Christmas is the perfect time. They aren't exactly "Christmas Cards" per-se, I don't really know what they are for actually, but they say lovely things, so I'm using 'em!
I really wanted to put Christmas mix-tapes or CDs in with the cards, but I can't justify spending so much on CDs when I can make a list on the internet for free. I came up with the perfect solution, QR codes! It's free and weighs basically nothing so you won't have to pay for shipping if you plan to mail your cards out.

To make your own Christmas card playlists just follow these easy steps.

YOU WILL NEED:
  • Christmas cards
  • Printer
  • Scissors
  • Glue Stick or sticker paper
I used Grooveshark to make my playlist. It's free, totally legal, and super easy to use. First you have to sign up and then you will be able to make your own playlists. They have tons of music so create to your hearts content, or you can use my playlist!
    Christmas Magic by Bitty Berlinghoff on Grooveshark
To get the QR code I used http://www.qrstuff.com/ If you don't know what a QR code is, it's basically a barcode that you can scan with your phone to send you to a specific website. To get your QR code just copy and paste the URL of your playlists page into the qr code generater at qrstuff.com. They'll quickly make you a QR code which you can then print out and cut out and paste on the inside of your card. The perfect little addition to make your Christmas cards extra special!
I would suggest checking the code with your phone before pasting on all your cards, you wouldn't want to accidentally send the card recipients to the wrong place! :P

I hope you enjoy this little tip! Feel free to share your playlist in the comments! ;) I love hearing new Christmas music!

XO_BITS

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...