Thursday, November 14, 2013

Reese's Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins


Otherwise known as the most delicious muffins known to mankind. Seriously though. These are amazing. I mean what's not to love? Banana pairs with peanut butter and chocolate perfectly.. remember when I made 5 types of s'mores?! Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate was my favorite then too! It's a fail proof system!
One of Joel's oldest childhood friend's is responsible for this recipe. Actually, his mother is, if we're being totally truthful here (there's a great mother behind every great man). Anywho, she lives in Lake Country, about 5 hours from where we live, and we used to always go visit her every summer, even before Joel and I were dating. We would play games, go boating, tan on the beach, but the most memorable time from each trip is when she would make these muffins. I'm not kidding you people, these are to die for. We would all stuff a dangerous amount in our mouths until there were no more left and leave feeling so loved and satisfied. The perfect end to the perfect trip, every time.

Since then I've managed to get a hold of the recipe, and now I honestly buy twice the amount of bananas every time I grocery shop to ensure that I can make these lil' beauties.  Reese's peanut butter chips have become a staple ingredient in my pantry. I don't even regret it, people, they're that good!

INGREDIENTS:

  • 4 overripe bananas
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2/3 cup oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 3 cups flour
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 1 cup peanut butter chips

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, mash bananas until smooth. Add sugar, oil, egg, and vanilla. Mix well.
2. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, and barely mix until moistened. *It's important not to over mix muffins or cupcakes because when flour touches water it creates gluten and over-stirring causes the gluten to over-react causing peaks and tunnels, which lead to dry muffins. You can tell if you over-stirred if you're muffins are pointy (peaks) and have long winding holes through them (tunnels)*
You can see in the second picture that it's still a little floury. That's okay! Makes for some moist muffins!
3. Add water and chips. Stir just enough to blend. Sometimes I add in other things here, like skor bits, pecans, whatevs. Follow your heart.
4. Spoon into muffin tins 2/3 to 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes.
5. Allow to cool on a rack and enjoy! You'll probably want some milk, they're rich like that. 
You guys are gonna love these muffins, I know it, because they're perfect. Seriously, I tried to write this blog post like a hundred times, but always ate the muffins before I had time to take their picture!

Happy Baking!
XO_BITS


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...