Friday, September 27, 2013

Some Rough Designs

I thought I'd share some of my newest designs for my lingerie line that I've been designing for my independant surface design class. So far I've bought plain silk and have begun pinning some of my favorite lingerie and patterns and plan to start painting the silk with thickened acid dyes today! 
I've found inspiration in many things for this line. Including (but not limited to) Japanese traditional kimono and shibori techniques for design and motif inspiration, the 1950's and the 1920's for styling and sillhouette inspiration and (of course) the female form.
1,2
 I plan to use a variety of silk weights, including a light, gauzy chiffon for the kimonos and a slighty denser but still lightweight silk crepe for the items which I don't want as see-through: underwear, pj sets, etc.
I also plan to use a little bit of sythetic elastane fabrics to give certain garments the stretch-factor they need. These I hope to screen print with a lace motif to give them a bit of romance and help them fit in the fabric story.
I'm sure the designs will change with time a bit, but I'm feeling pretty inspired and intrigued so far! I will probably only end up making one or two complete outfits as the focus of the class is more intended to increase my knowledge of dyes and how they react to the fabrics, but I'm immensly excited none the less.

Thanks for taking the time to check out my designs :) If there's anything you love or hate about them, feel free to share in the comments, or send me an email.

XO_BITS

3 comments:

  1. I love it!!! I can't wait to see it all done :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kassinka! Me neither! I'll be there tomorrow and Thursday to work on it, if you're around campus you should stop by! :)

      Delete
  2. Love the design! If you ever make velvet high-waisted lingerie in this style... please let me know. Free People sold out in a few days and it's almost impossible to find a style I like. Really love your blog and am using your design for my fox ears this halloween :) email: theharmonycircus@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...